Thursday, May 21, 2009

Urban Farming!

So I've been very busy in our yard the last few weeks. I'm not quite sure why I decided to tackle such a large garden (or small farm) but I'm really looking forward to the "vegetables" of my labor! ;)

Here are some "before" pics:
This is right outside our side door. Corn, onions, watermelon, & pumkins. I can always transplant things as they grow.





This is the side of our house. I planted tomatoes, zucchini & broccoli last year. I need a lesson in how to get broccoli to do something other than growing 3 foot tall yellow flower stalks. I also added some orange sweet bell peppers this year.


Here are my radishes, garlic & onions. The white cans are for starting my herbs (recycled KetoCal cans... Oh yeah... I'm green). Hopefully those evil (but cute) chipmunks won't eat any more of my shoots.


My lettuce and arugala are starting to sprout so that's exciting. I'm looking forward to going out and picking a salad in my yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment